Thursday, August 26, 2010
Gonna hold these little guys:
Who do things like this:
Really want to be wearing:
will probably be doing way too much of this:
I'll definitely be missing these:
Monday, August 23, 2010
1. I am passionate about cheap decorating. I have a theory that boring decorations cost more than cute, original ones. I will spend my life trying to prove this by buying all the cheap crap I can and spray painting it.
2. I think Ikat print is my favorite decorating trend right now. Oh my goodness. I want to buy a million feet of this and cover my house in it. Although, that would be a lot of leftover fabric...
Oh and this is Ikat. I totally would have no clue what it is except for the textiles class I took in college. Isn't it lovely and fun?
3. I just now today started following Pioneer Woman. And I call myself a blogger?Pioneer Woman is like the New York Times of the blogging world. I need to get educated!
4. Barnes and Noble is my happy place. In college I would spend countless hours at Barnes with my BFF Mel. We would pretend to study but would really just get double chocolate chip frapachinos and read magazines and talk and watch the snow fall. It was awesome.
Here is a pic of Mel and I NOT at Barnes but at my rehearsal dinner last November. Pay no attention to how tan I am. I am about 15 shades lighter without the spray tan.
5. I have been married 9 months to my BFF Josh. Who I love dearly. I mean seriously, sweetest, hottest, funniest man alive.
We're so in love we just make out not even caring that 11 people are staring at us:)
6. Speaking of Josh. He wants to use the computer. Meaning my 7 things is really only 6.5 and I will now spend the rest of the evening cleaning my kitchen and watching HGTV:)
Friday, August 20, 2010
Anyways, last week was 50% off at Goodwill and boy did I go crazy. And by crazy I mean I spent like $20. But that feels like crazy at the Goodwill. The craziest part would be me strapping my antique rocking chair to the back of my honda by myself in 110 degree heat. Oy vey. Why did I think I could fit a rocking chair in my car? Love is blind people. It really is.
Here are my finds from last week!
Ok these are some bookends someone was giving away at work. At least I think someone was giving them away...they were in the general area of free stuff, so I partook. I knew they would look lovely with some yellow spray paint with a little of the old silver peeking out. Petina? Is that the fancy word for that? Anyways...here they are. Hopefully no one at work is missing their bookends.
And here is the rocking chair that will someday go in our sun room on top of this ikea rug....which I have been in love with since I saw it in the Ikea catalog, and then the House of Smiths blog, and then I went to Ikea to visit it and it was lovely. Someday. It will be mine.
Ok...back to the rocking chair. $15. I am going to recover it with some fun fabric and paint it:) I think it has potential...underneath the pet hair and itchy indian fabric.
And I saw a bag of really pretty marbles. And I decided right then and there - I liked marbles. Who knew? So I bought them...$1. And I put them in this cool looking jar .50 cents. It should be noted that I broke the first jar I picked out. Yep all over the floor of Goodwill. Hi embarrassing. Luckily, I went back and they had the same exact jar. I think God wanted me to have it.
And last but not least...an old algebra book. I just thought it was interesting. Turquoise and yellow and old. Plus - if you keep math books casually lying about - you look very smart...or nerdy...oh well.
So there you go! If you want to check out Mandi's blog, she has some fun projects she has done that might inspire you! http://vintagerevivals.blogspot.com/
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Anyways, if you happen to spill a drop on your white laminate countertops the stain of Sir Isaac Grape is there - for.ev.ver (must be said like in Sandlot).
409, water, soap, BLEACH, did not get these stains out. I guess we were just going to have to get new granite countertops? Yes, I think that is obviously the best solution:)
But then, I had Josh google stain removal tips and he came back with Baking Soda paste. Just baking soda and water - so I tried it and holy cow it removed everything!
I am sure they teach this in wife school but I must have missed it.
Also I did scrub using the dollar store version of the Magic Eraser. Worked great! I couldn't stop scrubbing, scrubbed my shower and then some baseboards. I was kind of going crazy - but everything was looking so clean!
So moral of the story.
Baking Soda + Water = will clean anything
Dollar store magic erasers = awesome ( the name brand versions are like $5!)
Otter Pops: they are good, cheap and 20 calories.
Ok and speaking of Kitchens....you all have GOT to see this pantry. It's just a little bit ridiculous.
I saw this on the House of Smiths blog and let me tell you this lady is awesome. She says she doesn't even have a junk drawer. Truly admirable!
I like the way she thinks about every little part of her home as being cute. She even likes her garage! I think I write rooms off and say "oh it's supposed to be not cute because it's just the laundry room" but, now I am challenged to go beyond that and see the potential for pretty in every little nook.
Ok, enough of me - more pantry goodness.
Here it is. In all it's pantry glory.
Look - her spice packets are in a labeled box. So, pretty.
Anyways, defintely check out her blog sometime because it is great!