Monday, September 20, 2010

Killer chandelier...literally.

Do I love mason jars enough to make a chandelier out of them?

I know I have blogged about these a time or two. Or three. But I have been seeing these chandeliers more and more in blogland.





This just looks like a skull fracture waiting to happen.

It's cute. Don't get me wrong. But one time in high school a giant (and I mean GIANT) coffetable book fell from my bookshelf and barely missed my head. True Story. I lived to tell about it and since then I am leery of hanging heavy objects above my bed.

Perhaps I could triple reinforce with some hot glue. Or stick with the ceiling fan that I am pretty sure is screwed very tightly into our ceiling.

Anyways - just some thoughts on death by mason jar. I know I am random.

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes we have to make sacrifices for design. Like when you decorate in all white and have 3 kids. Or when you tell your kid to put down the glass owl that already had a huge crack in it from too much "love". Or when your husband has a seizure whilst watching tv from your newly stenciled wall...not like any of this happens at my house though.

    love your guts and miss you!
    mandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. One time I put two tea candles in a mason jar for a Valentines banquet and the heat was too much and the jar blew up sending glass fragments all over the dinner table. That's another way to die by mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a candle out of potpourri and melted wax poured into a mason jar when I was a freshman in high school...I didnt realize that when the flame got to a piece if the potpourri it would very much set on fire. I too have almost died by mason jar.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!